1.09.2012

Reviews: A bunch of new reviews

Here's some reviews of records that I lost when I moved. But I found them again and here's the result. These reviews will also be published in Schizo Fanzine #8. Thanx for sending your releases to me. 


Always War - Vengeance prevail (CD)
www.myspace.com/alwayswar
(A poor excuse)


This kind of metal hardcore really bore me to death. But yes, they know how to play and it doesn't sound bad, but still... it's so boring. I don't really know what else I can write. If I had been more interesting in this music could I have done some namedroping but I don't have any bands in my mind that I can compare with Always War. Take a look at their myspace if you think you will like this. I am just glad that they didn't sent a fullength. This is a 5 track CD, settled in 11 minutes.
___________________

Braindead - Weapons of the weak (CD)
www.braindead666.com
(www.5feetunder.com, Pumkin Records)


The first thing that popped up in my head was Citizen Fish because of the energetic skankin' punk mix. NOFX and Mighty Mighty Bosstones are two other bands I can't leave outside this review either but I have to say that Braindead have more punk in their sound and they really know how to handle their instruments. I have to confess, I really like this kind of punk. There is so many bands out there (especially at late 90.s) who have tried to play ska and punk but it always seems to be a big flop, but not this time. And the lyrics are well-written and not just silly shit. If you are a fan of Voodoo Glow Skulls and Skankin Pickle will you like this CD. Don't be surprised if this german band will be interviewed in Schizo Fanzine in the future. On this CD will you get 16 tracks and 50 minutes of joy. Great work!
___________________

Mad Pigs - W.W.B.L.O (CD)
www.myspace.com/madpigs
(www.voltage-shop.com)


So what do we have here...? Mad Pigs, hailing from Czech Republic and they mix CZ with english lyrics. The music is pretty close to streetpunk but it's very melodic and I feel some hardcore vibes as well. If I have to compare with other bands will I pick The Casualties, Agnostic Front and The Unseen. A small dose once in a while will be perfect for me, because I have nothing bad to say about Mad Pigs but this kind of punk isn't always my cup of tea. But yeah, a few tracks on a mix tape is perfect. I think I prefer the tracks when they sing in their home language, even if I don't understand a single word. But I like all east european languages. The cover says 10 tracks but actually it's 11 since the last one is a bonus. All in all, 11 tracks in 29 minutes. More punk to the people!
___________________

Manu Armata - No victory without strife (CD)
www.manuarmata.com
(www.5feetunder.com)


Here's a dutch band who play hardcore in the veins of Madball, Sick of it all and the rest of the NYHC bands. And Manu Armata make it very well. Their highclass hardcore will probably fit all hardcore kids out there because they are in my eyes almost better than many of the "original" bands. I must admit that I don't listen to this kind of hardcore very often, but I like it in smaller portions. So this 6 track + intro is perfect. 15 minutes of really raw NYHC. The vocals is the reason why I think they're better than Madball for an example. Excellent. The lyrics is very influenced by life, and to never give up without strife. And talking about strife, is the band Strife another band that Manu Armata remind me off. Give this dutchmen a big chance. Get their records from 5 Feet Under now.
___________________

Prisonbitch - Brain raped (CD)
www.myspace.com/prisonbitchhardcore
(Good Times Records)


"You'll always be the first to throw a punch, you'll always be that last to use your brain" I love it, and I love that song - "Pandemonium" So what kind of band is Prisonbitch? My first intention was to write hardcore/grind crossover, it's close but they are so much more than that. They are angrier and harder than Gorilla Biscuits and their lyrics is down to earth but still pissed and attack poseurs, indie kids and other stupid people and groups that don't use their brain, thats the burden thru whole this album. And I've got in love with yet another band. I really like this fast and angry hardcore. And the lyrics... I wish it was me who've wrote them, it feels like they have been into my brain and stole them haha. All of you out there, don't fucking miss Prisonbitch from Down Under. 14 tracks in 21 minutes.
___________________ 

Snutjävel - Aldrig i helvete (CD)
www.snutjavel.com
(www.rakaproduktion.com)


Even if it can be a problem to write reviews is it sweet when bands ain't so fucking in to just one particular subgenre, Snutjävel from Sweden just play punk. They make it good and with lot's of energy. This CD is a documentation of their earlier releases + one track that is unreleased, 18 tracks all in all. There's two bands I think of when I listen to Snutjävel and that is Asta Kask and Svart Snö. The lyrics are classic punklyrics in swedish about the society, cops and other fucked up things. I hadn't heard much by Snutjävel before this CD and it's a great aquaintance. Get this CD if you don't wanna search around for their seven inches. I can really recommend Snutjävel if you like fast swedish punk.   
___________________

Violent Affair - Stand Trial (CD)
www.myspace.com/violentaffair
(Unrepentant Records)


Violent Affair is a punkband from USA and I would put them in the same genre as The Casualties and The Unseen. It's good power in their songs which fits a summerday in the park with a lot of beer. I really like the choruses but the vocals isn't really my cupcake. After I have listen to this CD a couple of times does it hit me that Violent Affair is good but need more variance, because all tracks almost sounds like one long track. Violent Affair is a non-fascist band, that's good and they have really good lyrics. And I will end this up by saying that I have heard lot's of bands in this genre who is really really boring so dont have a preconceived notion before you start to listen at Violent Affair. 11 tracks in 31 minutes. 
___________________

V/A Halvfabrikat Records - Promo 2010 Gruset i deras maskin (CD)
www.halvfabrikat.net


Here is a small documention of what Halvfabrikat released 2010. And they must be proud, because they have some really fantastic bands signed on their label. I will say that melancholic melodic crust is their niche, and that without to be dismissive, the class of the bands is high. Eskatalogia participate with 2 tracks, one in english and one in swedish, I like them more and more, but they have a new leadsinger now (or?) and it will be interesting to hear them in the future. I like Protestera, their female/male voclas are excellent. Human Errors song Police Bastard are of course a Doom cover, and I think they make it good. If you like norwegian black metal but not care about how satanic it have to be will Livstid be a good substitute, they are angry and scary as hell. Passiv Dödshjälp are one of the best bands on Halvfabrikat, they have just released a new fullength, read the review of that album in Schizo 7. I must say that Distress are one of the bands that play most traditional crust, dark and angry. Rest of the bands on this promo: Misantropic, Aktiv Dödshjälp, Years of decay, Sand creek massacre and Boredom.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar